** Credit where credit is due! My Uncle Guy, on the other side of the pond (or on your side depending), came up with these nuggets. And yes, I know how lucky I am to have such a cool uncle.
- GO FOR THE BURN. Don’t be too safe. Science is beginning to believe that small amounts of ‘stressors’, such as things like radiation and sunburn, turn out to be good for you. It is believed that it keeps the immune system in trim.
2. DON’T BE A LONER. A good social life adds years to your life.
3. CONSIDER RELOCATION. Some places in the world just have healthier people who live longer.
4. MAKE A VIRTUE OUT OF A VICE. Enjoy some of the things which are supposedly bad for you. They are probably good for you if not taken too regularly.
5. EXERCISE THE LITTLE GREY CELLS. Keep your brain active. It’s an absolute necessity.
6. SMILE. Most centenarians love to laugh. What does this tell you?
7. USE SCIENCE FOR EARLY DIAGNOSIS. Take trouble to feel how you are, and watch for early signs of problems.
8. WATCH WHAT YOU EAT. You can eat your way to 100, but sadly it won’t involve much food!
9. GET A LIFE! Do a few things which really get the adrenaline going!
I enjoyed making these and thanks for dropping by! Have any other tips on how to reach 100? (aside from the obvious, by not dying)